Saturday, May 2, 2009

Some more recovery needed

A brief update...

Physio on Tuesday ... more of the same only one session left (I think).

No time for running but tried to donate blood on Wednesday and found out that acupuncture is an issue. After queuing up for an hour I was told that I had to get a form signed by my physio saying that she only used sterile needles etc. Would have been nice to know this beforehand but I will for next time!!!

On Thursday I was feeling good and optimistic heading out for my lunchtime run. The sun was even shining!! At the 2 mile mark there was no sign of the ache that was apparent on previous runs. In fact, it only started to appear at 4.5 miles. So I managed to complete a pain free 5.25miles over a flat course at an average of 7:10 min/mile (avg 156 bpm). It was great to have completed my first decent run in almost a month but my lack of quality runs has certainly caused my fitness to drop. Hopefully I'll be able to address this over the coming weeks!!

Since Thursday's run was so successful I thought that I was fully cured (??) until my run on Friday. After 2 miles at 7:10 pace the pain was back. A brief stretching break and off I went again at 7:45+ pace in all only completing 4.25 miles and in some pain. Obviously I'm not fully cured yet but (hopefully) nearly....

Now, I'm looking forward to the big rugby game this evening Munster v Leinster in the Heineken Cup Semi Final. Come on Munster!!

3 comments:

Grellan said...

My recovery is a bit up and down also. although I managed 7 miles this morning although at an easy pace. The only way is up. C'mon Munster.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

TWO STEPS FORWARD, ONE STEP BACK!!!
Hope that injury clears up soon!

bricey said...

Thanks Rick...at least that leaves 1 step going in the right direction!!!