Friday, January 15, 2010

Twitter

I must have too much time on my hands.....

To date the whole Twitter thing has passed me by so yesterday, as I had nothing better to do, I decided to check it out for the first time. To be honest I was beginning to feel like at tech dinosaur listening to people talking about 'tweets', 're-tweets' etc etc which was worrying as I'm usually fairly tech savvy.

But, the jury is still out in my mind as I'm still not too sure what benefit Twitter is to anyone. Tweets (see I'm even getting into the lingo!!) are limited to 140 characters - so no detailed info can be relayed. Maybe it will help me become more succinct?? Also, my ability to tweet is severely limited as I don't have a mobile phone with twitter capability and twitter is blocked by our firewall at the office so I'll only be able to tweet from home (not a problem for the next while!!!).
Anyway for the time being I'll give it a go. I'm not sure how it will evolve but I've put my Twitter feed on the side bar for anyone that's interested.

2 comments:

RICK'S RUNNING said...

sorry to hear the bad news!
do the physio work and all they tell you and i'm sure your make it back!

bricey said...

thanks Rick.. that's the plan!!