Sunday, January 25, 2009

End of another week

Choosing a title "good start" for my last post was always going to be a kiss of death for what followed....

Thursday, Friday and Saturday's runs didn't happen for various reasons from work to family to bad weather. So today I was determined not to end the week on a bad note and I made sure to fit in my long run. I must be starting to think like a distance runner 'cause I was 'worried' about my weekly mileage so I decided to extend my planned 12 mile run to 15+ miles. My legs were tired before the run and also it probably wasn't the best idea to run within one hour of finishing my 'large' Sunday lunch, so I took it easy. The first 11 miles went well enough considering averaging just over 7:30 min/mile pace but my stomach started to object for the last 3 miles and overall I finished the run 15.62miles in 2:01:49 (avg 7:48 min/mile) including a couple of stoppages for traffic lights, adjusting my shoe laces and giving a guy directions (even though he chose to ignore my advice and avoid the left hand turn that I'd suggested!)

Week Total (19/01/2008 to 25/01/2008) - 4 sessions
35.81miles - 4:25:32 - avg 7:25min/mile

Also I just came across this photo from last weeks 10-mile race courtesy of the Mallow AC website.... a similar picture to that taken during the Blarney half marathon last September - this is obviously my racing face!! ...enough said....

2 comments:

Thomas said...

There is a reason why I do virtually all of my running early morning. That way I can never claim something else got in the way, and I don't have all day to come up with an excuse for not running either.

bricey said...

fair point.. but sleep is important too!!! But my Saturday and Sunday runs are generally early morning to minimise the impact of home life!!

btw in case you haven't seen it there's a good photo of you in full flight on the Mallow AC website