Thursday, June 10, 2010

A picture of pain...

Some shots of the my 'pain' at the Marathon (10 mile mark) i.e approx 5 miles into my relay leg. Based on the times it seems that I lost 30sec per mile on the 3:00 hour pace group between miles 8 and 10. That means I was over 7:20 pace at the end! A lot slower than the 6:30 pace that I started out at!!! BTW the pics look much better than it felt!!.....


Due to other commitments I'm currently having an unplanned 'recovery' but hopefully this weekend will mark my first steps into a serious return to training. Afterall Cork to Cobh is less than 4 months away!!

3 comments:

Paudie said...

Welcome back. Nice to be writing about running rather then reading about it I bet.

bricey said...

Sure does!!

Diarmaid said...

Bricey, fair play you are back competing already!
I might beat you for a while but I`m sure you will be back to those 6 min miles in a few months!